Cedar Planked BBQ Salmon
8 Heritage Salmon 6 oz fillets, Skinless
2 cedar planks, soaked in water for 4 to 6 hours
1 tbsp. BBQ seasoning
1 large lemon
1 cup fresh dill, chopped
½ cup shallots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
3 tbsp. black pepper, cracked
2 tbsp. olive oil
Juice of one lemon
- Preheat grill to high.
- Sprinkle BBQ seasoning on salmon.
- Combine all ingredients for the crust mixture and spread generously over the flesh side (not the skin side) of each fillet.
- Season soaked planks with sea salt and place on grill, close lid and heat for 3 to 5 minutes until they start to crackle and smoke.
- Carefully lift lid and place salmon fillets on hot planks, skin side down.
- Close lid and plank-bake salmon for 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness. Check periodically to make sure that planks are not on fire. Use spray bottle to extinguish any flames.
- Squeeze lemon over fillets.
- Carefully remove planks from grill and transfer salmon to serving platter.
Stay up-to-date with information about new products, menu items, specials and more.