Teriyaki Grilled Salmon Skewers
4 True North Salmon Skewers
½ cup (120 mL) soy sauce
¼ cup (60 mL) rice vinegar
¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh ginger
2 tbsp (30 mL) minced garlic
¼ cup (60 mL) minced green onions
2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
1 pinch hot pepper flakes
1 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar and brown sugar, until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add fresh ginger, minced green onions, chili pepper flakes and vegetable oil.
- Place skewers in a shallow pan and pour sauce over them to marinate.
- Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Remove skewers from marinade. Reserve marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Set grill for high, direct heat. Place skewers on grill and cover.
- Turn after 2 to 4 minutes. Cook for additional 2 to 4 minutes, basting often, until salmon is just cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve immediately, alone, over rice or on egg noodles.
Stay up-to-date with information about new products, menu items, specials and more.